Preventive care at Michigan Heart Group.
Michigan Heart Group is proud to offer our preventive care program. As a patient, you can receive a comprehensive cardiac health screening which provides:
- Important data about your cardiac health
- Essential insights and recommendations to help you reduce your risk
- A wealth of resources to help you maximize your long-term cardiac health
Your comprehensive cardiac health screening may include:
- Blood Pressure measurement – Measurement of blood pressure can be done quickly and provides important information to assess your cardiac risk.
- Echocardiogram – To assess the heart’s chambers and valves and also measure the flow of blood within it.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – A simple, painless test that shows how fast your heart is beating and whether the rhythm of your heart is steady or irregular, and the strength and timing of electrical signals as they pass through each part of your heart.
- Vascular ultrasound – An ultrasound of the carotid arteries and/or abdominal aorta are excellent screening tools to help assess the risk of vascular disease.
- Stress Test – A standard treadmill or bicycle stress test provides important information about the function of your heart and cardiovascular fitness.
- Coronary Calcium Score – A coronary calcium score has been shown to accurately identify patients who are at risk for cardiovascular disease.